Friday, January 1, 2010

Post Christmas fun Pt. 1

After Christmas, we ran up to Utah for a few days. I wish this were something I could do every week, just for the pictures it produced. So, I will share:



We worried that M would destroy my aunt/hostess's beautifully decorated home. Instead, she seemed to think the Santas needed company.



Whenever Grandma Great would lie down, M would sense the change in the air and run into her room to tickle her. Grandma Great laughed and M giggled. Grandma's laughs, if you didn't know (and if you aren't in my family, you wouldn't) are largely silent. When people can get me laughing uncontrollably, mine are silent too. The great joy of some members of my extended family some years ago was to get the two of us laughing silently at each other. My joy was seeing M make Grandma laugh and vice versa.



Aunt Deb (hostess extraordinaire) and Aunt Susie had a gingerbread house kit for my kids to make. No one could wait the requisite two hours for the house to cure. So they moved immediately on to decoration, destruction and devouring. They couldn't have been happier.



Snow! My kids could not be more thrilled, as evidenced by the fact that they spent several hours outside with their cousins in a snow storm with no snow pants or boots. We threw everything in my sister Tennille's dryer after the fun ended.



Really, couldn't you just take this smiley one home with you (she's Tennille's youngest)? I know I could!

1 comment:

Monica said...

Those are all too cute! I absolutely LOVE the one with Grandma and M!