We seem to be blowing through milestones at an alarming rate these days. CE is now twelve. She was so excited that her birthday fell on YW activity night that she asked if we could celebrate her birthday for FHE the night before so she wouldn't miss YW. I hope she's always this excited to attend YW that she makes the necessary compromises.
This is the cake that CE made. (I baked it, but the rest was her direct design and execution, despite the hovering interest of her brothers and sister)
We have entered that crazy age of birthdays where life seems to schedule right over the top of everything. Her birthday "dinner" was, by her own choosing (again, to avoid interference with YW) take out from her favorite Japanese restaurant. Her party is being scheduled for a week or so from now, the better to accommodate both her friends' schedules and the grandiosity of her plans. Presents are less toys and more things she wants like new sheets and clothes.
The days ahead promise to bring great excitement, some of CE's own making. Right before Christmas, her beloved Primary teacher became the YW president. Sis. B held a Christmas party for the YW and her primary class (the incoming Beehives for 2011). The invitation said to wear your ugliest Christmas sweater. CE didn't have one, so she made herself a Christmas tree.

And that's my darling girl, ever the girl planning her next party (quite a logistical dilemma for the mom who never really does parties well), setting herself aglow when the occasion warrants it.
3 comments:
Happy Birthday CE!!! Great job on the cake and hilarious photo of her as a tree! I'm not ready for the tween years...anytime Tristan even tries to show signs of being moody and all the changes ahead, I loose my mind.
I will say I like the idea of sheets and clothes as gifts....no Legos for me to clean up.
Happy Birthday CE! It's crazy how fast these girls of ours have become young women. Exciting times!
12?! Seriously?! Where has the time gone, Angie? What a darling girl. You must be so proud. :)
Post a Comment