M had me up from 2:30 until 5 this morning, which was when I was supposed to get up and run and I was frustrated enough to know I wouldn't be able to go back to sleep, so I went running anyway. This made me a very tired mama to begin with. Then, I was trying to talk to my mom, make dentist, orthodontist and well child pediatrician appointments which meant I was upstairs because that is where my calendar is. So I didn't see this developing. My older boys, who were within feet of the whole unfolding of massive amounts of gluten, also claim to have seen nothing because they were playing games on the computer and could have been visiting Mars for all the good it did me.
So, I came downstairs and saw the mess that M and Bam made, neither one willing or able to take responsibility. A six gallon storage bucket holds a lot of flour. They didn't just dump it, they threw it, so that I had flour on the fridge, flour in the nooks and crannies of all my canned goods, boxed pasta, a box of oranges and even in between the coloring books and the bread maker (that still has cinnamon almonds in it from the last banner pantry event M engaged in)
As I began to scoop up the mounds of flour (too deep to just vacuum), I found several packages of baking chocolate--M had been thwarted by the packaging of most of them and discarded them into the flour. Several times, I had to walk away from the mess. I was tired to begin with. I am not good at looking at an enormous mess and not being overwhelmed to the point of flight feelings overtaking me. Eventually, with the dustbin and my trusty dyson, I got the mess cleaned up. M is exhausted and whiny but won't nap. I have no desires to actually do the productive things I'd originally planned for this day. The only upside is, my floor wasn't clean to begin with, so I'm not feeling that bitterness of work thwarted.
At least it wasn't sugar.
No comments:
Post a Comment