Thursday, December 18, 2008

What I am not

I may not be a good, fun mom, but thankfully I know some who are and they kindly play with my children.

Yesterday, a friend and I arranged a kid swap to facilitate parent-teacher conferences with the least amount of actual children in tow. This meant that my friend had my five children in her house in addition to her three. So, what did she do? She made gingerbread houses FROM SCRATCH and then helped all the children (and several others that are neither mine nor hers) decorate many many houses to take home. Here are the two that we brought home:




Or at least what was left of them by the time I could get to the camera . . .

1 comment:

Tennille said...

Always nice to have friends who do fun things with your kids. My kids always come home from friends' houses with all sorts of craft projects and fun snacks. And sadly, they have to return to mean-mom world. Oh well. Someday when I have more time and more creativity, I'll be a fun mom. :)